skip to content
Home » Healthcare » 

There's No Better Medicare Plan

Generations Magazine
There's No Better Medicare Plan

Healthcare

Clover Health

Clover Health offers Medicare plans



The Social Security Administration describes Medicare as the U.S. health insurance program for people 65 and older, and while the program does help with the cost of health care, it does not cover all medical expenses or the cost of most long-term care. People have choices for how they get Medicare coverage. For those who choose to have Original Medicare, Part A and B coverage, they can buy a Medicare supplement insurance, or Medigap policy from a private insurance company.

Carmalitha Gumbs, head of community engagement for Clover Health says she encourages seniors to decide what they want in a Medicare Advantage plan and then visit the Clover Health website to see what makes it unique. She said a major difference is with Clover’s open-end network where seniors have the freedom to choose their own physician. The company also offers the Clover Assistant, a web application used by doctors for patient visits to make sure they have all the information they need.

She said Clover Health’s Medicare Advantage plans can lower a person’s out-of-pocket healthcare cost and stretch their retirement dollars. Original Medicare helps cover “the big stuff” in Part A, such as hospitalization and in Part B, doctor appointments. However, it only covers 80 percent of the Part B expenses. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent, which can add up. Gumbs said Clover Health’s Georgia Medicare Advantage plans have many advantages over Original Medicare, such as prescription drug coverage; lower out-ofpocket expenses, which helps manage the retirement budget; $0/low premiums and co-pays so a person knows how much it will cost to see a doctor or be admitted to the hospital; allowances for dental care, eyewear and over-the-counter items and rides to medical appointments and the SilverSneakers fitness program, which includes a gym membership and on-demand video classes.

Clover Health leaders say their plans offer “peace of mind” for those trying to figure out what they need in a Medicare Advantage plan. Beginning this year, Clover Health also began offering two new benefits designed to keep seniors healthy and saving money. Members who qualify will be able to use their combined over-the-counter (OTC) grocery allowance to purchase both groceries and OTC items at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as supermarket locations, including Food Lion and Kroger. Online and home delivery will also be available. There are thousands of approved foods clients can buy with their allowance including everything from fruits and vegetables, canned and frozen foods to dairy products, meat and seafood and the list is long.

Clover Health’s Georgia plan also includes its new Insulin Savings Program where members with diabetes will have predictable copays for insulin. Members in the program will pay as low as $25 a month for select insulins with no deductible. Clover Health reports it should save an individual about $446 in out-of-pocket costs for the year.

“Clover Health is a Medicare plan done differently,” say those who help seniors decide on the details. Gumbs and other Clover Health professionals are available to assist baby boomers and those 65 and older with plans and supplemental benefits designed to encourage healthy and happy years to come. For more information, visit www.cloverhealth.com.

webiste
Share on Pinterest
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Instagram
Loading ...